About ALS Australia
Advanced Language Services (ALS) is a privately owned interpreting and translating company focused on providing nationwide services to Government, community and corporate clients. We provide Onsite and telephone interpreting, translation services and video link interpreting, available to our clients 24 hours a day. ALS focuses on providing efficient, comprehensive and professional language services.
ALS has access to over 900 contracted interpreters and translators covering 135 languages and dialects nationwide. Our NAATI accredited interpreters are all native born language speakers and have personal experience of the Australian Immigration program. We are sensitive to the cultural and gender issues of importance to our clients.
ALS has built the capacity to ensure that we have an appropriate number of qualified interpreters available for immigration related work, Australia wide.
Our interpreters are
trained to provide:
- Language skills
- Accurate interpretation
- Mutual understanding
- Maintain confidentiality
- Clarify cultural nuances
- Be aware of cultural, location or circumstantial issues
- Signpost customers as needed
- Have National Police Clearances
- Are familiar with Australian legal systems and cultural issues
- Are familiar with the IDC environment
- Facilitate communication with cultural sensitivity
We are insured for professional indemnity and public liability and comply with workers compensation requirements.
How ALS works with our partners and clients
ALS continues to focus on the needs of all of our clients and works with them in a number of ways to deliver Quality Interpreting and Translating services. We will;
- Collaborate with our partners, Departments, Agencies and our clients to develop our national
framework of interpreter services
- Consult with our partners, interpreters and our clients
- Consolidate by reviewing data, policies, research, models of best practice and in the development
of a centralised resource to benefit all of our partners and clients
- Capacity build by training interpreters and supporting their NAATI accreditation
- Capture the processes, outcomes and findings to review and improve delivery of our services